Chesspresso. Mobile Correspondence Chess for the Android platform.
Chesspresso introduces a unique way of playing the classic game of chess on your android device. Play Chess
for ranking points with as many players as you like from all over the world simultaneously, and in your own time to fit your busy schedule! Give it a try, we think you'll love it...
- Correspondence Chess - Chess at your own pace against opponents of all skill levels.
- Easy to use game browser - Chesspresso was designed to be as easy to use as possible. Navigate through your current games, create new ones and browse through your playing history with an intuitive easy to unserdtand interface.
- Rating system - Every game is a rated game so you compete against other players for ELO ranking points, and you can choose your opponents based on their playing ability.
- PUSH Notifications - Get notified instantly when it's your turn or if you've been invited to a new game, whether you're in the game or not.
- Ultra low bandwidth requirements - Playing requires minimal data to be sent and recieved by your device, and you can browse and view all your games and their history off-line at anytime!
- History - Ability to view through the previous moves of your current games, and browse through all the games you've played in the past. You can also send game history in PGN (Portable Game Notation) format to your email.
- Recommend other players - Recommend your opponents as fair players, and be recommended by them.
- Represent your location - Choose where you want to represent and what nation you wish to play against whether it's the United States, Wales or the Northern Marinara Islands.
- Support for 19 Languages - English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Polish, Czech, Portugese, Chinese (Taiwan), Japanese, Korean, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Hindi, Hebrew and Finnish. If you spot any mistakes (and there will be!), please let us know.
- Leaderboard - Compete against other players to increase your ranking on the leaderboard. Invite the best (or the worst) for a match!
v1.4.3 Released - Jelly bean now working!
It's been a while since we released the last Chesspresso, so finally we make it to v1.4.3. This time to tackle the problems the app has with Jellybean and various devices of different screen resolutions. We've totally re-vamped the playing screen and history screen.
The History screen is now upgraded and it now isn't streched, and works on all devices tested. It's also much smoother.
- History screen now re-done. Re-sizes correctly with each device.
- Playing screen now fully Jellybean compatible.
- Playing screen now re-sizes correctly for different screen resolutions.
- The playing board now highlights the possible moves.
- Recommend feature now working for everyone.
- 4 other bugs fixed.
We will be concentrating much more on Chesspresso in the coming weeks so the roadmap will be much busier than it has been! Enjoy.
posted Sep 16, 2012 by amorgos