How do I castle?
After getting into a castling position, you move your King
two squares towards the direction you wish to castle...
What happens when I create a new game?
- Your criteria for an opponent gets sent to the server.
- Searches for a game that matches your criteria.
- If found, it joins you to that game.
- If not found it creates a game based on your criteria.
Currently there is limited options available in the new game
screen, but that will change over time to find the right balance
between speed of finding an opponent and finding the correct
Is En-passant implemented?
Can I change my auto-generated account
No sorry you can't. You can still use your credentials, but
we have stopped creating new Chesspresso username/password
credentials that are not Google+ or Facebook authenticated.
What are the rules?
- No chess programs or engines (e.g.
Chessmaster, Fritz, Houdini, Stockfish, Chessbase with any active
UCI engine, etc.) can be used to analyse positions in ongoing
- In turn-based chess, you may consult books or databases
for opening moves. "Tablebases," which are specialised databases
of particular end-game positions, may NOT be used.
- Fixing game results by playing with multiple accounts or
losing intentionally is also considered cheating.
- Abusive, behaviour towards other players will be swiftly
How does Chesspresso automatically respond to the above?
We have processes which automatically respond to the above.
But the specifics are confidential. But a notification will be sent
to an administrator if anything is flagged.
How do I report someone I think is cheating?
- If you have reason to believe someone is cheating, please
email us directly and include all relevant
info (username, reason for suspicion, etc). We investigate all
reports and keep them confidential.
- Please do not discuss your suspicions in
What happens to a player who is found to be cheating or
abusing other players?
If a player is being abusive we'll immediately disable all
their accounts once found. If enough proof is found for cheating,
the account will also be disabled.
We release a beta tests of the app more frequently than
production versions. If you'd like to be part of our beta programme
follow these instructions:
- You have to be a paid Chesspresso member.
- You have to be a member of the Chesspresso
Google Group forum.
- Then, go to the following link
and follow the instructions to opt in as a beta tester.
Conditions for using the beta version:
- If you are using a beta version, you accept that things
might not work properly.
- As a beta tester we expect you to post bugs and issues to
the chesspresso-beta forum.
- Please do not post issues related to the beta to the main
We're always looking for help to translate the app to
We currently we support 19 (Chinese (Simplified), Dutch,
English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian,
Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian,
Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Ukrainian) but it's hard to maintain
them all as we're always adding new text.
If you'd like to help or see Chesspresso in a different language
please email us directly.
I found a bug, how do I report it?
If you've found a bug, please report it directly to us by emailing us. If the problem or bug has caused
the application to crash, a dialog should appear allowing you to
report the issue. Please click on this and briefly explain when it
happened. This helps us a lot!
We try and keep track of new suggestions via our forum or our suggestions system using google moderator.